Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I'M GONNA MISS YOU IN THE MORNING


I just cannot believe that Mr. Luther Vandross is now dead ... his soul gone from this earth. When the news came late Friday it was startling, even though we knew he had been sick and recovering from a stroke. Word of this last and fatal stroke was still a big shock. Luther ... The Great Big Voice .... Silenced. Once and for all. I did not know him personally but through his very intimate musical style, I feel that I did in a way. We all did. Sadly though, it already looks as though the general public will not appreciate Luther for the great R&B and pop music innovator that he was. Just another one gone some are thinking now unaware of his immense contributions to the art of singing. Luther had so many followers, influenced numerous vocalists, and had a shit load of imitators.

Farewell, sweet Luther Vandross ... You touched my life ....so many of our lives ...and through your recordings you will continue to do so for all the next generations. For being so tender and thoughtful in your art, and the wonderful music, I thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home